30 July 2012

Tasty Texture

By tasty, I mean something sensual, something that little more inline with something you can experience.

When we see and view art, we observe its visual features. Its appearance, its texture and paint strokes. But it's those hidden sensual features which help influence a greater experience of artwork itself, by involving all of the senses. 

My love of negative-white space, sometimes allows me to imagine the texture of different materials when I place my hand over the creative design for example. I like to imagine an imposed raised area as I press my hands across the work.

 Using negative white imagery on black background, particular in photography is best to simulate this strange tingling to the fingertips.


By cropping the work at the top, the viewer is unsure whether the work continues around the border. As a white line immediately touches the frame above, and thereby creates an imaginary shape at the viewers imagination requests. I love it. Going to use this design to cover a couple of books for college on my up coming year or so.

Some other negative white-space - http://chewingcans.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/eco-pattern-reducereuse-and-recycle.html - enoji

Cant wait to show you the finished product!!!

Wont be able to reply for a couple of days, its ever so much hassle in resizing images to fit the small allowed file size to post on blogger. Blog soon!

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment