3 July 2012

Bristol's pop-up shop - College green

A pop-up shop I helped to volunteer with at College Green and how successful it was to advertise the 'Raw Materials' gallery in Bristol museum and Art Gallery. These photos were taken during the set up of the shop. I took my F55 Nikon camera along on a few on the days after this day, and will provide more images once the film has developed! hope they turn out a.OK.




 Being paid in jaffa cakes, orange squash, cups of tea throughout the day, it was some tough work throughout. Almost just trying to find somehting to contribute to the enteratainment of the shop was probably most difficult. However, I can ensure you that it was a rather constructive experience. It was pretty comical, how because there was movment in this little green shop, how we had to fend off Art fanatics from entering to see what was going on aha. "come back next week!" "im not here next week I want to see whats happening!" - what a kerfuffle.




Lovely old-fashioned carpenter work, nice to see on the shops of town. It's rather practical with the PVC frames, but puts the carpenters out of business. Oh the over developed technologies aha. We had a lovely green framed shop to 'attract visitors attention' some say. I also displayed some of my work on the left there in that little A3 frame, ill link you to a closer view below. Had a great time during my experiences in working in this organization with my fellow student team 'young creators'.



Previous post on the pop-up shop and 'I' is for Intern references



The function of the pop-up shop was to advertise the http://www.facebook.com/events/464630226896615/ facebook event, so please attend if your a fellow type fanatic like myself aha.

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment