30 June 2012

Traditional vs Digital 2.0!

I have Been working on a project for a while now. You know those ideas which almost exist better brewin' in the mind than in real life? I had one of these moments right here, but a few wonderful outcomes came about because of this as follows. I'll more explain more about this little project over the next few posts. 



I used a lovely ink drawing following two-point perspective to entail this sci-fi illustration cityscape. I created the textures using ink washes and drops of some good H2O to separate the shades of  Indian inks. I used Indian ink, purchased from Whsmith, because I had noticed what interesting effects the black ink creates from the use of chromatography.

I collected the artwork together in photoshop to create the layers and the added textures. I also created smaller city details and used a Gaussian blur to create a sense of depth from within the imagery.

This project was apart of a 3-D render game I had attempted to construct. I used this image as a background the the interactive buildings and robots alike, but as I said more to come!

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment