9 June 2012

Emotive Monoprint

The emphasis of water crashing against stone, the air flows as river.
I used a rather crude textured surface to create the crevasses on my print. The manipulation of plaster and texture could create these fantastic negative white-space pockets.

By utilizing excess paint I could place an emphasis the movement and flow of the print, I was influenced to use these leading lines by observing similar effects of Van Gogh's 'Starry night'.

Reminds me of those little unusual paintings which appear on mantle pieces or walls of holiday villas and resorts, utilizing all of that 'glossy' subject matter, that you may see in  cafe's, pubs and restaurants.

I involve most of my projects with experimenting with media and different techniques, to compose alternative imagery posing questions, what materials did that guy use to do that? The identification of why we enjoy images as an individual or as a group, how unrefined paintings can reveal more emotional influence, how impressionism painting  truly emphasize feeling and movement over refined photo-realism.

What makes you flow?

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment