12 June 2012

Mecha in the garage

A phase of science-fiction and DC comic style took my Creative flow by storm early last year. The influence of the Marvel comics being transformed into film in the cinema, has truly awakened the inner comic book guy of us all.


I will upload some more of these over the following few days, here I use acrylic and a black ballpoint pen to construct a metallic Mecha in all it's shape and form, being worked on at the garage.


It was interesting utilizing contrasting colours of this burgundy and the deep blue robot suit, to bring a clean-cut differentiation between metal parts and pieces. I prefer to use these colour contrasts throughout my artwork, to generate a firm division. Sometimes I regret using the band of dark glass green at the top because it takes away a lot of the attention of the illustration but hey, something to improve for new work to come.

It appears that many creative folk and students like myself have had become involved with a 'comic stage' of life, almost a initiation of art experimentation to seek an 'individual style'. It makes me smile thinking back, though I did pick up many creative ideas and experience; the comic stage only brought a sense of limitation to my ability. I would have watched anime and marvel comic movies endlessly for inspiration, where really I should be looking at the world to influence my ideas whether it is for a comic illustration production or otherwise.


some more relevant music to theme the page again 
Kraftwerk - Techno pop (Late 70's) This Blog going retro...

Its only recently until i have started to listen to this Techno pop music, from listening to the DnB, Dubstep, Industrial, Hard-style etc music today, It's nice to hear a flow of original synth music for a change. 
Something original.

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment