8 June 2012

Timeless

During my AS year at Post16, I pushed some of my interests in developing my own style, as difficult as it was I managed to develop ideas on what I enjoy painting and which materials interest me.


Here I used collage, spray paint and inks do create an atmospheric 'timeless' painting. I excluded this painting from my art A-level work, individual expressionism has to be kept separate from such a 'bureaucratic' examination regime.


I haven't been necessarily inspired by any particular artist here, but used my time to experiment indulge in all of those cool effects with the spray can and ink drawing.


Popped over to the Tate Modern In London a couple of weeks ago, so I hope you'd enjoy this link of Japanese artist Yayoi Kusama, to infinity and beyond! (pun intended).


 http://www.tate.org.uk/context-comment/video/yayoi-kusama-9-february-5-june-2012


A must for those with interests in psychedelia, expressionism and...nets


Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment