20 September 2012

Spacemen! - sci-fi illustration in acrylic

A small project that I have been working on over the past three weeks. By completing this painting, I could really stretch my painting abilities of constructing shape and perspective with minimal construction lines. 

The large blue sphere could allow me so create a sense of space within the illustration. By utilising the four spacemen, I could emphasise the depth of field by allowing them to interact with this strange space balloon.


- easel set up -


- paint detailing -


I wish to soon produce a clear, clean cut image to place onto blogger to really produce a refined image. 
Throughout the piece, I excluded the use of ink and the marker, to really stretch my detailing using black paint and brush control. The repetition of uniform and spacemen size had also pushed the boundaries of character duplication. 

A test of imagination and constructive thought processes to visualise and produce a three dimensional character. Such a great painting exercise!

hope this makes you :)

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment