14 September 2012

Sister Corita Kent

Such a wonderful day to bask around the internet for interesting information and creative interests.

The pop artist and graphic artist Corita Kent was recommended by one of my friends who is an archivist at a local art gallery in the centre of Bristol. The amazing contrast and complimantry colours. Bright and often unusual, but compatible text layouts to please the eyes of the viewer.

Sister Corita Kent has been a large eye opener for me and the interest of graphics. Of type, and of shape, texture and colour. You can truly immerse yourself within the 'feel good' pop artists works. She utilised printmaking as a main source of art productions (similar to many pop artists). Using washes, paints, and similar stencil effects into her work throughout. As a creative myself, I found her work most inviting into the print makers world, and I hope it does for you too.

To jump into an immediate search, I though the wikipedia link may benefit you.


Also, some more of Corita Kent's print works on sale, such beautiful photography.


I haven't produced much work to post today, as over the series of the last few days have been most exciting for me. I have received an interview from a local cafe business yesterday, and have received a trial period to prove myself. Hope all goes well aha, enjoy a taste of the works of Corita Kent.

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment