2 August 2012

How many colours can you use?

You can't beat a good action film. 
Whether it be cheesy action with great consistency between CGI graphics or old kung-fu films and martial art moves, action has become a large part of our lives. 
I had a interaction with a taste of a action form today, not physically, nor releasing my inner-chi powers to combat  a juggernaut, but a incoming client brief delivered immediately suggesting that the design should be finished asap.

I know, I know, it doesn't sound like much. But it's that shock attack feel which gives design that real feel for the true nature for being a designer, direct experience, and immediate results. That efficiency glow in the muscles after a target has been nailed, where you might as well have been bringing those PSI and Chi powers to prepare for ultimate target annihilation.


Similar to work some graffiti artists may relate to, work which is rushed under surveillance or pushed and powered by rational positions and decisions. 
Sometimes to provoke the inner-talents of the true artist. A meditation, a narrow tunnel of sight between only the artist and their work. A passion for work, a passion to make others feel fuzzy. Feeling that 'fuzzy' feeling of inspiration juices across the lungs, as the mind generated ideas on end when ideas have never adventured before.

The work above is this sudden brief I have been in fact gratefully landed with. 
A family based guide for a local arts exhibition which I cannot wait to finish. My previous project had been immediately dropped unfortunately, only to return at a later stage.


I have such great respects for the artists venue, and wish to create a really interesting guide to be used by families at the gallery. The artist is called Olivia Plender, and her work has been a great influence on the design. Perhaps not this one as displayed, but the exhibition guide will interact with younger audiences in art and design and allow them to partake in activities. 
I will link the artists website below, I highly recommend watching such a in-depth interview concerning her new works and exhibition, greatly inspiring for those interested in imagery intention, symbolism, conceptualism act (in modern day society).

I am going on holiday tomorrow, and for this reason will not be able to blog for a week, so excuse the lack of activity. 
It will be a nice week, a week away to generate and reform plans and perceptions of ideas. I can relax and enjoy the sun in another almost uncomfortable sense. So I will write back on the 10th of August and after. 


My recent favourite Typeface at the moment, used in the graphic above. (discussed in a previous post).


enjoy

Blog in a weeks time, stay tuned!

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment